So now I can compare trimmers...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Currier, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

On my trailer I now have echo 2601, redmax 2500 and stihle fs 85!.

The echo is older and it had replaced a sthl fs 74 years ago. The redmax is 2 weeks old. It didn't really impress me as great but I figure it will still be a good trimmer and plan to keep it. The stihl is new today and seems to do a really nice job.

I will be switching to all stihl as attrition requires in the future. The jd bp40 decide to break in the handle/throttle control today. It will make it through the season but will probably be relegated to back up during leaf season.

It sure would be nice to "test drive" these dang hand helds instead of having to buy to find out how they work...
  2. MrUPS

MrUPS LawnSite Member

How do you like the Stihl?? Please keep me informed about it. I am pretty sure I will be getting withen the next couple of days the fs 85rt with the split shaft for the different attachments.
    thanks rob
  3. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont wait for someone else can try it. Go buy it you wont be disappointed!. If you ever need "big power" buy the FS200R. The FS200R is more for heavier brush than all arround trimming and it does not include split boom. I have both in my arsenal (as well as others).
    Let me know if I can help further.