1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

So proud of Wright

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Check it out...
    It's about dang time...
    They had me wondering...

Still needs some more content, but it's sure an improvement.
  2. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the idea of the larger hydro pumps but I notice they are using chains to hang the deck.

3. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't you like chains for deck suspension? What type of deck suspension do you prefer?

4. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Take a look at any tank --- solid straps.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would think chain is better so nothing breaks when you drop off a curb. The Stander Rapid Height unit is solid links and I am afraid we will eventually break something.
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

After running machines with chains and then going away from that to a unit with steel links... I too have no use for the chain suspension.

Personally, I think the chain suspended decks do float up easier when the anti-scalp wheels make contact. But they offer no other positive benefit I can think of.

Myself, I despise trying to adjust a deck that is on chains. If it's on chains in needs more frequent tweaking because of stretch and wear on the chains from bouncing and multiple wear point.

(This is the most aggrivating service aspect of your machines)
    (The adjusters on your newly aquired lineup were pioneered by me in my frustration)

Speaking of the bouncing... a deck on chains bounces like crazy. I can't see how the owners of those really really fast riders aren't crying bloody murder over this... as the decks bounce to much to even have the possibility of delivering a smooth cut.

The decks on links lack a little when it comes to floating up as easily as chains, but they more than make up for it in ease of adjustment, less adjustment, less wear points, no stretch issues, and best of all... the deck stays PLANTED at speed to deliver a good cut.

Some of the MFG's have made the chain adjustments just as easy now and can offer that along when great floatation. But even so, I still like the way the deck stays planted and doesn't bounce, rattle and bang around. So I'll stick with that.
  7. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member