so ready to get going

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D-Gul, Feb 18, 2009.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

During this time of year high temps and high humidity sound nice to me. I guess on top of wanting to get back to work (and putting any new toys I get to work) I want the temps to be nice and warm again. I would take 95 and humid any day over the 20 degree day with below zero wind chill like today.

2. D-Gul

D-Gul LawnSite Member

ya but when a "cold" day here is 60 year around 95 and humidity doesnt sounds to amusing but whatever u gotta do what u gotta do haha

3. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I don't mind if its cold as can be but there better be some Snow with it!

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i cant wait to start mowing. i love the smell of fresh cut grass and mixed gas:dizzy:

5. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Starting to get calls for landscaping jobs/walls already know the jobs are mine just need to get a price for them...yipe

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Waiting for it to warm up, its still pretty cold here. More than ready for the season to start and looking forward to using the new Z I bought, now if it would just warm up!

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I've been starting to do some estimates and talking to some of last years customers. I'm getting the itch bad. I'll take hot weather over cold any day.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I don't mind cold weather but after a mid feburary heat wave (46-68 degrees for 5 days straight) I'm ready to get back to work. I'll be contacting my customers soon and start grabbing some early work. Might be going to the NY farm show to get out into the air a bit and fuel some of my energy!

9. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

second that..brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........anyways i love the heat of summer and never get sick of it, but i do like fall so i stay here in the north for that...BUT DO LOVE OUR SUMMERS HERE:cool2:

10. blind04

blind04 LawnSite Member

yeah, i am soooooooooooooooo ready to get back to work. i will be starting back up here in the the next couple weeks. Got pre-emergent to get down. and a bunch of cleanups to finish from last fall since it snowed so much so early last fall. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!