So sad...

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jul 9, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Well found the one and only waste treatment plant that does human compost today. Got some of the compost and noticed that they were not in short supply. They had 3 12' tall 20'(?) wide, and 140' (measured this one) long. When I asked the guy he said this was small. Said he had two more sites, one, actually closer to me, had 14 rows the same size. I asked if they had many inquiries about it and he said not very often. Said they sell to some of the local supply companies but they didn't even put a dint in it, apparently this is the "mushroom compost" I had looked at before. Said they were running out of room, he was tired of messing with it, and they just keep pumping it out. Said they were seriously thinking of privatizing the operation.

I just did a google search for "green Georgia" minus the quotations so everything would come up. The GGIA, Green Georgia Industry(?) Association, pulled up and it seemed like a joke. Other than that it was something about a lady with that name and some Green Vs Georgia law type deal. Not much else.

Told you organics were new here. And I know for a fact you can't find any good decent compost around here. It is non-existant, at least for another month that is.