So tell me why is your mower the color it is ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCP Crafts, Jul 23, 2006.

1. JCP Crafts

JCP Crafts LawnSite Member

I live in Florida....mostly St.Augustine grass it ain't gonna stripe.So the best striping machine is not gonna win me over.
    A lot of the machines are manufactured by the same company and dressed in different colors.Most machines can be ordered with any motor that you feel brand loyal to.
    I hear some of you drive 80 miles one way to buy your machines.
    So tell me, the dealers, and manufactures.....why does your trailer sport those color mowers.
    Some of you might say it's you favorite color;but is that real the reason???
    If Exmark was pink would you carry it on your trailer or would you repaint it 1st ?
    Bear with me guys/gals I am actually headed somewhere with this post.:cool2:

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have Toro 21's and a Toro midsize. And two ztrs that are Scags. At the time the Scags deck were made alot better than the Toro SFS decks. The Scags are also heavy duty and I think are made stronger than others. We also have a great Scag dealer.

3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

mine is orange, i think they paint it that way so that it stands out, so peaople notice it more.

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I have no idea where this is going but when I buy a mower the looks of the mower do have a bearing on wheather I like it or not. I think red Exmarks are the best looking mower. I think Grasshopper is a good mower but hate the color. I think Dixie is a good mower but don't like the general appearance. The Exmark and the Toro are practically the same mower but I like the Exmark better (until the Triton came out). So where is this going? I clean and wax my mowers every now and then. I always get a good resale because of the care I take. Most people prefer a good looking car, truck, boat etc. Some people bleed John Deere green.

5. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

Mine is JD green. Thankfully, I like green about as well as any other color and it does look nice. As far as color, I would care if it were green, red, orange or yellow, as long as it was a JD. If "color" is a concern, I just wouldn't want dark brown or black because of the heat it would absorb, and I don't like the silver/gray color of Dixie Choppers. Nothing wrong with the machine, just don't like the color.
    As far as the brand, I like the quality of construction and function of the JDs.

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

My Bob-Cats are green, looks like money to me.

7. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know, if a company had pink mowers, i'd look somewhere else. There are many good ZTR manufactures available.

8. JCP Crafts

Alright guys that was what I was looking for....before it gets drawn out in way I did not want it to go....
    Some of you are brand loyal ,and some like appearances over others and some choose by dealers....
    Now LCO's .....How many of you really choose the color on your trailer by the service or lack of service... that your local or non local dealer service department provides ?

9. JCP Crafts

Lol....I thought that would be said if I threw that into the mix...that was a small bit of humor on my part to see if any of the diehard Exmark fans would bite and say stripes are beautiful...but not on a pink machine..."No WAY":nono:

10. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

i didnt buy my gravely cause it red....i bought it cause i like it and 9 yrs later ..I still got my first gravely i bought it in 1997.......bough three more since then ...so what the point with the color ?? lol.......gravely are good mower,,,,,just like everything else..just take care of it and it will last ya ...:hammerhead: