1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

So, today a neighbor threatened my family.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GrassGuerilla, Sep 5, 2013.

1. PK Mows

PK Mows LawnSite Member

DPPA does not apply to banks, mortgage companies, debt collection companies, asset recovery companies and many others.

DPPA is a joke. Your license plate info, VIN info, DMV info, criminal history and just about everything else you can think of is public information. Some things you have to state you have an exemption, but there's nothing stopping anyone from finding out just about everything they want to know about you.

Just for fun, Google License Plate Search.
  2. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member

Any updates on the jerk, has he threatened you since the first instance? Are you still gonna cut that lawn. Maybe he will leave you alone now. I don't think it was right what he done and you should protect yourself just curious to see if everything melted over since that crappy day. Good luck to you hopefully this goes away for you soon.
  3. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, no "Jerk" updates. I think I'm going to drop that customer. The only work they send me is problematic. Not standard BS problems but angry neighbor, lawsuit ridden nightmare work. And it's all been outside my ideal operating area. In short, the juice ain't worth the squeeze. Hoping to find time for a legal consult Friday. May be a waste of time.

It's ironic. I've worked in some bad, make that BAD neighborhoods before for brokers. Crack houses, with all sorts of shady characters. The place that I have the most trouble with?... An empty, vacant lot. Go figure.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I don't about the rest of you guys, but I have had some real pitas this year. Never the high end really nice properties either. Real oddball crap too. I've fired plenty of customers that just became too demanding for the level of service they were willing to pay for.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I only read through page 1 so far, but what PK states is more than likely the case.

Pretty sure you're overthinking it.

PS If you really want to worry about something, the NSA is recording all your phone calls, e-mails, texts, twits, FB posts, LS posts, etc.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I personly think ya should give it a rest. Drop the account and the problems that come with it. The dude was just pissed that you were screwing up his plans for the homestead act.