1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

So unprofessional

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dmaxcc6spd, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Dmaxcc6spd

Dmaxcc6spd LawnSite Member
    from KY

Why do I see so many so called "professionals" blowing clippings out onto busy roads. I always stop my blades when cars or people are nearby. The liability risk of hitting a person in a passing car with debris is serious, further there is always so much junk along roadways. I know they know how far their mower, without a deflector, can throw trash.

I just can't understand this lack of care, not to mention the risk to property, persons and the business.

Next time I see one of these hacks, he's going to get a piece of my mind.

2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

They're ignorant. See it all the time too.

3. Dmaxcc6spd

from KY

Somebody hits my truck with that crap, local law enforcement and OSHA will be notified. Regardless of any rule violations, I'm sure an OSHA visit will ruffle their feathers. People today suck, no consideration for others!

4. S&M Landscapes

S&M Landscapes LawnSite Member

I don't agree with it either.... But wow it really has you lit! Lol

They are always gonna be around, they are always gonna make thoughtful-less decisions.. Me nor you can change the fact that lawn mowing is eAsy beer money to some.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

I see TONS of guys blowing the clippings/debris into the road. I don't get it either. Even during leaf season I see them blowing all the leaves into a busy street instead of sucking them up with the leaf loader. If I did that I'd probably end up hurting someone or getting local law enforcement called for littering or something.

Its not worth the liability risk.

6. Dmaxcc6spd

from KY

Lit - yes. I had some hack coat my junky car with grass. That stuff doesn't come off. Further, he was a real jerk about his mistake. Wet grass is miserable. I learned my lesson years ago when I ended up washing a 30' camper. The difference is I didn't have to be told by the customer to clean up my mistake. I made it right, put my tail between my legs and asked the owner for a rag and soap.

7. Dmaxcc6spd

from KY

Glad to see agreement from true professionals. I'm not a real "mowing guy" if you will. I only do a couple of properties and strive to do a professional job. If it takes an extra couple of minutes to protect people and property, the so be it!

8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I can't believe all the LCO workers I see trimming with no eye protection. Insane. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

9. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Never have. Never will. Hate them. I'd rather lose an eye. Yes, I know I'm an idiot.

10. Green Resistor

Green Resistor LawnSite Member
    from USA

*DING* he scores.