So we let the PUP pop a few pgp's

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jun 5, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

in the ground last Friday...

This kid sloppily dug about 50 trenches with out complaining once....He claimed,"Ive run crews before." routine...I let him install a few rotAr heads.Mind you all that I prepped ever single head for insurance things wouldn't get FAcked up..We fire up the zones... and I notice that all of his heads were not packed in.The last pgp I'm about to adjust,I slam my boot heel into the head to pack it(cause by now it was obvious the pup was slacking) I almost fell 1 foot down into the ground..
    Turns out the pup was only putting his 3/8 barbX3/4 male thread funny L's on the pgp 2 threads....He was watching me Wrench the pgp funny L's on and he pops it on 3 threads?There was a puddle in the ground and half the heads he did were like this after we checked......I WAS PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smoked a cigg and fixed all his work....

oh well....I'm sure some of you have been there in you travels...

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

What brand of funny ells do you use?

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

not Maxell or what ever...I believe our supplier makes them...They are orange and black...(we prefer to use the orange ones obv.)let me see if i have a picture of any...

[​IMG]

not sure if this helps...ill find out for ya tomorrow...TMI makes them I believe....

4. Wet_Boots

I was thinking the specific funny ell might one that doesn't get along with Insert x FPT fittings, which might account for the saddle tees. If they stick in the head threads, that might have accounted for the guy's problems. Marlex ells under each head would help.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

ill take some pics tomorrow....marlex had a bad wrap a few years back didnt they?

6. Wet_Boots

Marlex problems? Not that I knew. More a money thing, especially in older days, when we were paying more for them.

7. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

who is your supplier out there? I think Central makes their own orange funny pipe fittings.

They are scary looking though because they have a dimple in them that looks like it could go all the way through. Take a picture of it tomorrow for us.

For about $.02 more you can get rainbird

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

my boss is so tight he tries to scrape the buffalo off the nickel..

pics of said fittings=to be taken today

9. do you seriously "wrench" your els to the heads?

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

If there is a next life, please G.D, don't make me a repair tech on any of
    ROTARD'S installs.:cry: