1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

So what are your thoughts on Fastrap wheel tie-downs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Budget Cuts Lawn Service, May 1, 2014.

1. Budget Cuts Lawn Service

Budget Cuts Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I'm curious to see what your opinion is on the fastrap system. I have seen many posts on this forum from around 2009 (all very good reviews) but haven't seen anything recent. I'm curious to know how the durability is (especially over the course of a few years) and if it's worth the money. I'd love to stop wasting time by using four ratchet straps every time I load up the mower. What's your opinion? Thanks! :)

2. TheLugNutZ

TheLugNutZ LawnSite Senior Member

subscribed, im always looking for solutions for this as well.

3. AllBrad

AllBrad LawnSite Member

I like them. I purchased two, but only use one. I have been using them for two years. Only problems are the screws rust out. I do leave a lot of debris on the trailer. Works really well.

4. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two sets on my open trailer and they work great for my zero turn and walk behind. As for durability, I don't know, since I've only had them a couple of years. It takes me just a few seconds to strap or unstrap them and they hold really well.

5. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

They are awesome. They hold up pretty well, the design is so simple. Ratchet straps are always breaking unless you buy the really good heavy duty ones, and if you're going to pay that kind of money for straps, just get the fastraps that are way better in the first place.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

They rule! Love em. It's like not having to strap yer stuff down. Its that easy and incredibly secure. Just get them!

7. Budget Cuts Lawn Service

Budget Cuts Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Well it looks like a unanimous decision. Everyone seems to appreciate them without having any problems. Thanks for the help guys!