So what brands are supported best

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by efaubert1, Jul 26, 2005.

1. efaubert1

efaubert1 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

My first thread was regarding the possible purchase of a Grazer ZTR, which drew nothing positive. And after searching the forum I see no one really has an appreciation for this machine as a viable money maker. So what brands are easiet to get parts, service and tech support for? With a budget of say $2500 for just a used ZTR what brands should I be looking at and what kind of hours and pricing could I expect. I realize there are those who love Toro, Exmark, Hustler, Scag, Great Dane, and the list goes on, so your personal preference, opinions, and so on are welcomed by this newcomer.

2. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

The best dealer support hands down is John Deere, but finding a Deere ZTR for $2500.00 is next to impossible

The only brand i know of that you could get a ZTR for under 3,000 would be Gravley and Dixon, but if you go with Dixon stay away from the cone drives

also what part of Indiana are you in??

3. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

What dealers are available in your area?

4. efaubert1

from Indiana

Down in Tipton, but I get up your way to Chief Lafontaine show grounds for horse shows occasionally. I have really not even considered a Dixon because of the cone drives, and all the problems with continual adjustment I had read about. Gravely seems to be a prospect, and I have seen quite a few used ones around.

5. efaubert1

from Indiana

Pretty much anything I want. Ferris, Grasshopper, Snapper, Toro, Kubota, Hustler, Dixie Chopper, Dixon, Woods, John Deere, Exmark, you name it. All within less than 40 miles of the house.

6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Have you looked at Scag yet? :)

7. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

Well, that really narrowed it down.
    Glad I could help :rolleyes:

8. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Did you try Reynolds yet?? the auto trader had a nice spread from them in there this week.

I just started this year and wanted a ZTR badly but i ended up buying a lawn tractor as i too was looking to stay in the 2500 price range, might give a simplicity a spin too. I know everyone will say they are not commercial but they have a damn nice cut

9. efaubert1

from Indiana

No, as I have not actually been anywhere that had Scag in my area. I did note they are a little expensive, even used, and none of the used ones I have found have been close by to check out. I did find a Woods I liked, but some folks I talked to said they are LIKE a Grasshopper, but lesser in quality.

10. efaubert1

from Indiana

Actually, I have been to Reynolds in Sheridan, but not in Fishers. Fishers is where they have the Woods I was thinking of looking at.