1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

So what do I do now?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kgrebs, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Kgrebs

Kgrebs LawnSite Member

I am close to getting my first commericial account, a condo complex. For us this is great, seeing we are mostly a residential service. Here is the problem. The condo association has asked for references and other similiar properties they can "drive-by" and look at. However, we don't have any. We have told them this but what should I do now?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Since you have told them this, and they still want to see some of your work, give them 3 to 5 of your best looking residential accounts for them to see. Explain to them that you have in the past concentrated on residentials, but now you are interested acquiring a few commercial accounts. Let them know whether it's residential or commercial, your work will be top notch.
  3. Kgrebs

Kgrebs LawnSite Member

I have some friends and some acquaintances that I have done work for and they all are willing to give me a professional reference. My question is, would this be wrong based on the fact that I really know them?
  4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Your not going to put a strangers name as a reference for a job application why should this be any different.
  5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would type up a list of, say 20, residential accounts you do now. This alone should dazzle them. I did this one time many years ago for a customer that wanted some references. He was so overwhelmed by the fact I had so many that I could use for a reference that I don't think he checked even one.