So what happened to Bill??

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Squizzy246B, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody heard from Bill - UNISCAPER....must have got real busy??

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

He prolly went octapus fishin.

3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Member his big Million dollar project.

4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

This section and the heavy equipment section are not the same without him. He was the most knowledgeable person on this site without a doubt.

5. DVS Hardscaper

I respectfully disagree.

I can back up my basis for my disagreement, but it's neither here nor there.

6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Wow..........

7. fall46

fall46 LawnSite Member

I have read Bill's posts on these message boards and a few others for years seen his work in publications along with his name/work published in trade magazines etc. I have also read of stories of having his supplies helicopter dropped due to inaccessible terrain site conditions . I think his knowledge base his superior and if opinions differ from his suggestions its because most dont know the soil/climate and geo-physical variables that he deals with in CA. Additionally the building codes/requirements in CA are far more stringent than anywhere else in the country with the exception of coastal areas in the gulf. Sorry DVS I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment

8. DVS Hardscaper

Good. Now we finally got some activity goin on in this thread!

Bill is also the guy that said Isuzu trucks were turds, then 2 months later wrote that they were the greatest thing since sliced bread as if it was his first ever mentioning of the trucks!!! :)

Bill is also the guy that said the full size Nissan trucks had a major recall. then when asked to supply where he got such knowledge, instead of saying, he resorted to name calling :) needless to say, no recalls took place :)

Yeah, poor 'ol dude got called out big time on another message board by multiple members.

Pro featured him. And L&L mentions MANY names :)

He means well. Just gets a lil carried away.

BTW - can we see any pics of materials being helicoptered in? If possible, please supply the link. That would be cool to see.

9. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

well his knowledge of Trucks and recalls may be questionable and maybe some steam is blown around occasionally, but from my limited experience here, he seems to be VERY knowledgeable from a technical standpoint and although his quoting of building practices and engineering may be a bit extreme, it is a good reference point to start with. not all areas will need to have the extreme over engineering that Bill speaks of, but its good to be aware of what is out there.

10. fall46

fall46 LawnSite Member

I cant comment on any of the statements he's made that u alluded to. And I'm sure he may have contradicted himself or said a misleading statement at some point. However, everyone is guilty of this, you, myself, friends, family etc. My intention is not to get in pissing match about this but I have read a few posts where u have sparred with him unrelated to anything regarding Trucks which I have no problem with. But when you make it a point to refute people paying him a compliment I think its unnecessary.

The bottom line is his technical expertise are informative @ times fairly detailed and sometimes even hard to follow... but a great resource to learn from. After all thats what everyone reads these boards for.