so what would you do about a low spot that floods

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orkin Yards, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

I have a spot in one of my yards that we just built up and resodded....this has for the most part fixed the problem but there are a few spots that still hold water....my question is can i put sand or dirt in these spots and the grass grow through or what should i do? thanks in advance

Jeff

2. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

I had a particularly low spot in one of my lawns so we dug in drains and had the run off drain into a city drain. The hardest part of that job was (not including all the digging) running the PVC under the sidewalk and avoiding all the utility lines. (we had the utility companies mark locations, etc.) This was a pretty big 'dip' in the property... that is why we did not try to fill it in with dirt. We got mostly all the parts for the job at a local plumbing supply company. It rained a few days later and it worked perfectly.

3. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

PRAY FOR NO RAIN !!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.:laugh:

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Depending on the area, a good french drain might help. It depends on what's nearby to tap into to allow the water to go into. If there's a downspout for a gutter on the corner of the house or something then you're in business for a french drain. If you want to email me some pictures at different angles I could probably come up with a good solution for you. There are other options too. It's just impossible to say without at least getting a feel for what it's like and what's close by to work with.

5. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

pics on way