so who has shindaiwa weed eaters?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, May 3, 2004.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering who has them and uses them. Model and age would be great!!

thanks guys!! snapper

2. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I have T-260 and T-270, Apparently i'm not the only one in my area that likes them because I have had a few stolen.

These new one are 2 seasons old.

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

T230, 3 years old runs great and light weight
    M2500 power head; with edger and string trimmer, nice unit,
    a little heavier

Derek

4. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I am down to a T-230 now. And as of last night I converted it to the AH (hedge trimmers) I already had the attachement it was just a hassle to convert it every time I needed them. Besides the 230 everything else is RedMax. Zenoah engines are tough to beat!!

5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I have some. Love them. 230s and 260s. (need a 270) Never any problems (not in love with trhe trimmer heads, though.... Use Green Machine heads) Guess the oldest has been run hard for 4 seasons.

6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I have an Exmark/Redmax/Echo dealer three blocks away and a Shindaiwa dealer 12 miles away. I have an Exmark mower, a Redmax blower, and an Echo Trimmer. I have read a LOT of positive feedback on this forum about Shindaiwa trimmers. In the near future I will be needing a new trimmer. The question is: is it worth the drive and hassle of a new dealer to opt for a Shindaiwa trimmer over a Redmax trimmer?

7. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

I have a 230 that is starting its 3rd year. I love it. It gives me no probs and has plenty of power.

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've run Echo products for 15 years. This year I bought a Shindaiwa T-230 just to try it. So far.... hate the trimmer head. Other than that, it's a trimmer :)

9. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Fortuneatly my local dealer here is easy for me to get to. They handle Shin and RedMax Hustler and Exmark. I was running the new 7000 before really anyone is this area. I also was one of the first that took a chance on the Hustler (shortcut). They did not have the z models out at the time. Exmark and shin have been the leader in the past and it seems that Hustler and RedMax are beggining to take the lead down here. I am fortuneate to have a dealer near by and hassle free to get to if I happen to be in a rush for parts etc. Do the math. If the shin happens to be on sale for 10 bucks less than the RM or Echo where will you really make up your savings by having to travel so far? It will just mean more down time to make that drive to get parts (fuel, wear and tear on vehicle and payroll for workers while taking a sunday stroll to retrieve parts. Stick what is working for you. Long as you are happy

10. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

You may like the Green Machine "style" heads for your Shind., too.
    (maybe not) or I think the new Redmax heads are about the same. (although, you may have already found a better solution)

My 6" was around 40.00 @ J-Thomas.com. (going to pick up the 4" for the 230s) What do you hate most about it, the fact that the cover only goes on 1 way? (and can wear down the line-up marks pretty quick, depending.......what I hate the most)