So who on here run hooklifts

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by threeleafllc, Feb 9, 2009.

1. threeleafllc

threeleafllc LawnSite Member

New to the forum been lurking around for a while must say its a geat place ...
    just checking if other landscape guys use the hooklift setups..
    we have a 2007 ford f550 with a amarican 12k hook And a 2004 kenworth t300 with stellar 20k hook
    Allen
    Three Leaf LM

2. threeleafllc

so no one has or runs theses trucks?

3. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

I like the hooklift option myself. Looking for somthing used. I Still don't have the cash yet though. I think there are a couple guys on here with them.

4. threeleafllc

our f550 hook will be for sale later this year you should come check it out if ur interested
    Allen

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

we have a switch-n-go, a bit cheaper and they had the landscape bed I required.

6. threeleafllc

what size landscape body do u run ?
    it wouldbe geat if i could get a pic of that body
    thnks Allen

7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

You have to share some pictures, sounds like a nice fleet.

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

couple of pics, the landscape bed works great, it's just a bit steep though, but the walker gets up and down quite eaisily

[​IMG]
    landscape bed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. threeleafllc

wow i really like that body ... How about your loading angle when u are pulling the bed up onto the truck.can u leave the equipment on the bed when not in use?We were going to have a body built for our 550 that would be almost the same but my loading angle is way to sharp to swtch bodies with any kind of turf equipment on. That a reason the swicth and go is nice lower loading angle.
    Here is a pic of our ford when it was new ... Ill get some current ones of the Kenworth and Ford tomorrow ..

P1050006.jpg

10. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Just worked a deal with a buddy picking up an ampliroll al90s only 12k lift but really all I need. Looking for an Isuzu FTR to put it on now. It will be nice to have it set up!