So who's startin clean-ups tomorrow (mon 3/26) ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by lawnguyland, Mar 25, 2007.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be starting back up after the weeklong snow casued dill-lay on monday. Finally. I actully did 3 spcus a week and a half ago when it was 70. Glad to be starting up again though, anyone else begin tomorrow?

I have a feeling the phone will start ringing like crazy this week if the weather is at all decent, maybe even if not. Usually I'd be a week into scus already, as would everyone else. I've seen 1, yes 1 guy doing clean-ups so far this year. I think tomorrow everyone and their brother and cousins will be out. Then, all the silly customers that haven't returned their contracts yet or hired a landscaper for the year will see and hear all the companies out working and think to themselves "oh crap, I need to get a landscaper, or call my guy back" We've been out of sight, out of mind for 3 months! I'm sure most companies are already backed up and maybe unable to take on more work. We'll see what happens, it's not too late a start, I'd prefer earlier as this gives me 3 weeks until I start weekly service. I'd rather have 4 or 5 weeks for spcus. Also like to get em all before Easter if possible, at least existing clients.

thoughts?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you have your customers on a 12 month contract then you can actually decide when to make visits not sitting waiting until they decide. We make visits in every month(weather permitting) so that when we go there in the spring it is a regular mow.

3. puddin' pie

puddin' pie LawnSite Member

yes, i will be back and black. four worker crew, two trucks

4. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im hoping by the end of the week here. Its still really muddy and we have some snow piles left to melt.

5. lawnguyland

Whaaat? I'm not waiting for anyone - they are on contract except the sillies that didn't send them back yet, even after a reminder letter- but even they will once they see the sun again and a few landscapers. When they do though - it's bottom of the list! And- we don't work in jan and feb up here unless it's for snow removal- up here we call it winter, I know the south is different though! Anyone south of Mason Dixon will find this thread irrelevant.

6. lawnguyland

It'll be just about ready here on LI tomorrow, I'll be aiming for sunnier props. Easier to clean/thatch when dry.

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

We are mowing and fertilizing already. Man, march was a busy month for us.

8. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

we started 3 weeks ago and will probably star mowing this week on at least half still have 2 landscape jobs and about 6 mulch jobs anybody need a job ?? busy busy busy

9. dutchman

dutchman LawnSite Member
    from CT

Still snow on the grass area and piles of snow at the end of the driveway. And everything is still wet so maybe by the end of the week if we don't get any rain in the mean time.

10. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

some of you northren guys can come on down and help us southren guys out a little