So you havent had to rake all season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RhettMan, Jun 24, 2008.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

So you havent had to rake all season, and now there are falling, the pine needles. They dont mulch very well, do you rake and bag them up for customer who wants it done for free? or part ways? This is what i have to decide before next tues. What would you do?

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sorry but I do not do extra for free. I always tell them my price is to mow ,edge,string trim and blow off debris. If you need me to do something other than this it is extra. I am glad there is not many pine trees in my area although I still have some. My Walker picks the needles up nice, but the cones are a pain.

3. robtown

robtown LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I never do well with altamatiums.
    so I would walk. I do work at your house. We have an agreement to maintain your lawn after that everything else is extra.

4. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

Rake? Get a good blower and forget about it. I have some regular customers with a couple of pine trees over the driveway. I blow the driveway and pick the needles up. Anything that falls in the yard gets mowed unless they want to pay for a clean-up.

5. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Im surprised you have problems mulching pine needles. I found pine needles mulched up for the most part very well. Usually just mulched them up fine enough that we did not even have to bag them.