so you want to start composting???

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by treegal1, Mar 3, 2009.

1. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

They all want you to recycle but not in my back yard

2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Thought you said the short tank didn't work????

3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

if you look close it is almost a foot taller and the cone is lower, that and some new diffuser materials....

it is the last of the one piece units we will ever build. the clear tanks are cost prohibitive, so we have just finished a 4 piece tank mold that will be UPS shippable. that one will stand 5 feet tall from floor to rim......

4. treegal1

Tell ya what if you ever want to trade the tank I sold you for another in the future i would love to have my first tank i built back. maybe when we get under way with the 4 piece tanks you want to try one???

5. treegal1

this is more or less what the new tanks will look like, well one piece/section any ways.

its not to scale in the pic.............

!cid_154.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Great idea on the cut and paste idea

7. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

It looked like you may have added some to it, but it was hard to tell in that picture, it still looks short to me, compared to the 2 1/2 sitting on the floor.

8. FOL

FOL LawnSite Member

I cant wait to get my hands on one. They are sweet.:cool2::cool2::cool2:

9. treegal1

it is short still.........

10. TF PLUS

TF PLUS LawnSite Member

Hello Prolawnsvc,

Can you explain what you mean and why, (Short tank is to vague) There are solutions to most everything. So please fill me in. I will post next week or two some pics of brewing action. Brewing in it currently is pre-made tea from jug that was fed to see what goes. (For me to keep it simple, white foam developed overnight [LOL:nono:]) With the improvements made all ready it has always (to KIS) developed foam overnight. With fresh vermicompost action is outstanding.
    I will be getting training :weightlifter: on the use of microscope, O reading and tea brewing. For now I must move forward, this is the right thing to do. Work with step four and develop trust :).