So... your grass is too high???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fine Lines Lawn, May 15, 2003.

1. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Actually this contraption is my creation (not BHB's) to groom Ivy, Myrtle, and other ground cover beds. It looks horribly unsafe. I believe I'll add rubber skirts around it.

craftsman.jpg

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I wonder if I could get my Tall Fescue to grow high enough to cut it with that?:) So?......How high is it off the ground?

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Jacking your vehicle up is out of style and...Redneck.

All the Cinderella gutter-punks are now lowering their rides!

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

That looks like a high crop tractor, but push mower style :D
    I was gonna use a mower to trim my ground cover, but, seems like it would get tangled on the blade and shaft? Let me know how it works. I'm not interested in making brackets for mine. May just use the hedge trimmers. Nice work though :)

5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

We use to make mowers like that to cut our tobacco plants when they were in the plant beds. Should work fine for ya.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That kind of reminds me of a mower my brother modified. He took the wheels off of an old "powerwheels" Barbie car that he got from the side of the road, and put them on an old craftsmen pushmower that I gave him years ago. (was given to me). He used this to do his ditch that was always soft and muddy. It worked really well, as the wide wheels would just float over the muck, while a regular pushmower would just sink.:D

7. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

With all the rain lately that would work well for the 2 week accounts.Roll up with that and say "Not good for your grass to cut more than 1/3 off at one time".

8. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

BTW;I just hired a gut who is about 6'5".This could be the unit for him.Complains that everthing is made for "little people"

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If I could make a suggestion. Instead of using brackets and little wheels why don't you just use the big wheels off of a big wheeled mower? You know, the mower with the big wheels in the back. Those little wheels will surely get tangled up in the ivy. The big wheels would roll right through it.

10. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Good idea Richard, that will probably be the next step in it's evolution.