soccer field stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cantoo, Jun 2, 2002.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

First off we don't do the weed control or cut outside the playing area. Pics show a nice bloom of dandelions and yes it was sprayed thia year but not bu us. This property used to be an old gravel pit that they levelled out and put 2" of top soil on then seeded it. It dries out very quickly as soon as the heat comes on. They don't have money for top dressing and just want it as best as we can. I would be afraid to use my aerator on the property because of all the stones. The playing field gets like concrete in front of the nets. I've even suggested adding a layer of chicken or cattle**it after the season is over, I can get it for nothing. I know a guy who has sheep so we're thinking of trying to get them to use it because of the low odor.

soccer fields1.jpg

2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Those are nice. I'm a very committed soccer player and have seen lots of striped soccer fields. Keep it up. In my mind, the stripes make me play harder for some reason. Where is that field? I'm going to a soccer tournament in London, Ontario on June 29- July 1.

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We're about 80 miles North of London, little village called Lucknow.