Sod and Seed bid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by WEEDEATER, Sep 7, 2004.

1. WEEDEATER

WEEDEATER LawnSite Member

Tell me what you guys think. New construction, fairly flat not much grading needed. 13000sqft and topsoil needed, roughly 100 -110 yds.
    For Sod
    Topsoil $2420
    Sod/installed/fert $3611
    Grading $780
    Total $6811

For Seed
    Topsoil $2420
    Seed/Fert/Straw/Grading $1950
    Total $4370

Does this sound reasonable

2. Flyscaper

Flyscaper LawnSite Member
    from USA

I dont fully understand your post? How many sq ft for sod and how many sq ft for seed? It is going to be tuff for anybody besides someone who lives neer you to give you a accurate number. Around here we do sod with no prep fo .50 .60 cent a sq ft with prep we are around 1.00 - 1.50. Someware else that may to high in other areas that may be to low.

Shaun

3. WEEDEATER

The sqft for sod and seed is 13,000 sqft, 100-110 yds is needed for topsoil to bring everything up to grade.

How do you put down sod with no prep work for $.50-$.60??
    What prep work are doing for $1-$1.50?

4. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

I have 7,325.00 for sod

Does the property have irrigation?

2420.00 for topsoil do you have a profit buit into this figure
    it sounds like alot for 110sq. yds. sod or seed

If this is the figure for the topsoil and installation,
    What is the gradeing charge for?

If this is the total cost of topsoil without installation,thats an alful lot of topsoil for not much grading.

If you truly want to know what we think provide the details on the cost

5. WEEDEATER

The topsoil my cost is $19 yd delivered, the grading charge is to move a pile of dirt that is 25'x20'x42" and level out the yard from rough grade. The property doesn't't have an irrigation system. I know it hard to give advice without seeing the property, but i just want to be close in price. Thanks