Sod comes with Mycorrhizae.. That'd be cool

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by JDUtah, Jul 24, 2008.

1. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

So I was just sittin', and reading my brain to exhaustion, and the thought came to me, "You know, I wonder if Mycorrhizae would survive if it were in a sod role. Anyone ever heard of a sod company doing that? Raising Sod with the good buddies and maybe selling it for a little more $$? Just a thought. Might be cool to do for my own installs someday huh?

Back to reading....

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

most sod farms grow grass real well, take that as it is....

we have tried some different sod "herd" and it is ok, even used some as a base for some compost once.

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey, here is a thought, if we are blasting around the county spraying compost teas, what if (Oh no not another one of these)

we inoculated our seed to deliver the microorganisms into the soil that were beneficial to the turf, HHHHMMM a delivery system for beneficials
    Myco seed, pennington

fertile grass through inoculated seed, but what if we could kick it up a notch

what if.............. you could spray or mix a granular product with your seed and deliver, anyway been there done that got the T shirt and wore it out

4. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

where the hell is this seed that will grow here, some one lied to me and said that we need 3 tons of dirt that comes in 75 lbs slices stacked on a pallet just to lay 500 sqft of grass, I am going tho get them.:laugh: