sod cutting estimate???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by AuburnGuy, Jun 25, 2003.

1. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I a new guy in the biz. Need help with a small estimate. I have about 200-225 feet of sod to remove around a garden home and replace with pine straw, no border or anythin. They only want one strip removed. I will have to rent a sod cutter. But will probably have to go back and use a shovel to get right next to the house. My estimate is $290. What do you guys think. I have to give her the estimate soon.
    thanks

2. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds accurate. You can cut the sod out in about a half hour. I am guessing about 2.5 hrs. total on the job.

3. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Dave. 2.5 hours is what i was hoping for. I had originally estimated $330, but i work with her and I am just starting and need the business so i said $290. I could have easily done it for $330. She did not ask the first question about the estimate i gave her. Thanks for letting me know im on the right track.

4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds fair @ $330, $1.50 per foot.. i charge that for sod, and $1.00 per foot for bed edging.. makes it easy to give estinates this way.