1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

sod estimate

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Gaturf, May 7, 2008.

1. Gaturf

Gaturf LawnSite Member

before everyone gets on here and tells me to do a search for the answer....i already did and i cant find the answer. Im just looking for a per sq ft price to install bermuda sod. a price that will include one helper, no bobcat and Im picking up the sod myself. thanks for your help!

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Not enough info. How many pallets? How much drive time to get the sod? How far will the sod have to be transported on the job? Does it have to patched in? Any prep work?

I don't do square ft prices... it would be a different number for every job. You are going to be much more efficient doing 30 pallets than 3.
  3. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

o charge 75 cents per square foot, for the sod (get it for 39cents persqft) laying in down, and the final grade. if it needs topsoil or alot of work done to the grade i charge more for it
  4. brownings

brownings LawnSite Member

Wow! sod is alot cheaper down here. Give me a holler, I've got a guy that is the best in the business in Florida. He's selling 100k of sod per week. I'm getting a truck tomorrow(x18 pallets) for 800 bucks (Floratam)plus pallet fees and delivery.
  5. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

i have been charging $1.25 a sqaure foot this year. (Last year i was charging $1/sqaure foot). I still am getting about 2-3 sod jobs a week. The 1.25 includes all the labor of removing the old grass, grading of topsoil,and laying of new sod. The customer pays for the topsoil and the dump on top of the 1.25 a sqaure foot. this method works great for me and i profit a good amount of money this way.