1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sod Estimate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EmeraldHills03, May 26, 2004.

1. EmeraldHills03

EmeraldHills03 LawnSite Member

We are giving an estimate to a customer in Morris County, NJ for a complete sod job. The price includes 2 inches of top soil, machine rental for 2 days, labor, and of course the cost of the sod. The total area is 6200 square feet. Our estimate is for $6000. Do you think this is a reasonable price? We apprieciate any input you could give us, thanks again in advance.
    Chris and John from Emerald Hills
  2. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Sounds good to me. That would be close to what we would charge, here in south Jersey-Harry

PAXLSI LawnSite Member

You just answered my question I was looking for. Did a mesurement on a lawn today for a little over 6000sq ft. I will be using compost instead of topsoil thou. The price I came up with is a little under $6000.00. Was checking to see what others might charge.
  4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Looks reasonable... so would $6500 :)
  5. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say that is a fair price.
  6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I would charge around that give or take $200
  7. EmeraldHills03

EmeraldHills03 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for your help. Now I'm looking at another sod job with about 13,000sq/ft. Hope to price that one out accordingly to.
  8. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Down here in Va Beach we put down 8,000 SQ FT for 2,400 and we are done in 5 hours. I would use Compost vice topsoil and if I added in the quantitu you mention would run about $900 plus
    spread/prep $450. I would quote the job at $3,800.00-$4,000.
    About a day and a half job.
    Cost of living differences I know exist between here and there.
    Sod 1.60 a SQR Yd/ Compost $24 Yd delivered.
  9. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

Get that if you can.........In the Charlotte area TTF sod is going for around .47 sq ft plus prep runs around .14 sq ft. So a 6k lawn here is around $3500