1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sod Farm Prices on the Gulf Coast

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by audubonlandscape, Mar 14, 2009.

1. audubonlandscape

audubonlandscape LawnSite Member

I am a landscape contractor located outside New Orleans and I am interested in the price for grade A centipede delivered directly from the sod farm. I guess there should be 18 or 20 pallets per truck and was wondering if anyone has any recent prices from companies that deliver to my area. Thanks!

2. Florabama

Florabama LawnSite Member

Hey bro, check out Woerner's Turf Farms. They have a location in Baton Rouge and will deliver to New Orleans area. Here around Mobile pricing has been at $75 a pallet for centipede farmed in the Mobile Bay east shore area. Should be about that in Mobile. Delivery probably run a couple of hundred. Check out thier web page, good sod, good people.

3. audubonlandscape

audubonlandscape LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I usually buy sod from my local grass supplier but i need more than usual this project.