Sod Install Budgeting in Fuquay-Varina, NC

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by GreatBigTuna, Jun 17, 2008.

1. GreatBigTuna

GreatBigTuna LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,

I recently moved into a new home down here in NC. The builder sodded the front yard and seeded the sides & back. He put Tifway 419 sod in and seeded tall fescue. The front yard is coming along nicely (as it should), but the seed is terrible (pretty much what I expected).

I'm thinking of having a contractor install the Tif 419 on the side and back, but I'm trying to get an idea of what kind of budget I'm looking at before I start calling contractors out to quote. I've been a contractor and don't want to waste anyones time if I don't have the funds to do the project.

I'm just looking for a budgetary ballpark per SqYd number to see if it's a project I want to undertake this year or not. Hopefully that number would include prep (decent soil, but hard-pan right now) and install. The yard is relatively flat.

Guys, I know that you're initial reaction to this will be that it varys based upon a number of variables, which I completely understand. Remember, I'm not looking for a precise estimate, just a budgetary number relevent to the Raleigh area assuming average conditions. We're probably looking at around 1000 sqaure yards or so.

If it fits the budget, my next obvious question will be to find a few good contractors in the area that would be interested in the work. I'm new to the area so any reccomendations would be great.

Thanks for any help you can provide!