1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sod install help needed in Florida.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by radracer, Nov 4, 2005.

1. radracer

radracer LawnSite Member

I have a customer that wants me to install 1,585' sq of sod in her back yard. The area is flat and square with one tree to cut around. There is very little grass there so prep work is minimal. I figure I will need 1,650' sq of sod so I will have extra. I pay $150.00 for a 500' sq pallet. I will have two hours total drive time to get there and back. The sod will have to be dropped off in the front and wheeled to the back about a 50' distance. With gas, topsoil, sod fertilizer and labor (employee only not me) I will have $810.00 invested. I was thinking of charging $1,100.00 (.66 per sq foot) installed for this job. Am I off base with this price? What would you charge? Any help is appreciated.

Also I have to install 4 yards of river rock at the same place cost is $75.00 yard. What do you guys charge for labor to lay the rock. On mulch I multiply by 3 but that sounds really high to me. What do you think?

2. alex333

alex333 LawnSite Member

Minimum price should be $1500. That is what US Homes in bradenton pays. If you want I can help you get contracts. Alex
  3. radracer

radracer LawnSite Member