Sod Install Pricing - 5000 sqft

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by naturescaretaker, Oct 9, 2004.

1. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Question.... we just installed 5,000 sqft of centipede on a flat preped area. No trees or anything else. We spent 6 man hours re-grading the area before the sod, layed the sod and then fertlized the area lightly. What would you charge?

The reason for the question is I want to make sure that I am inline with the correct pricing. We were profitable on the job, 43% in fact. A lot of people liked the job and now our phone is ringing off the hook after others have submitted bids. Now I can pick up more work... in fact 5 jobs since Thursday all about the same size. SO I am worried that I am pricing to low. SO what would you charge?

Here are some pictures:

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

$5K beans. :)
  3. blafleur

blafleur LawnSite Member

About $3000 here, shows the pricing differences in areas. Thats if minimal to no prep.

4. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

If you make 43% percent profit it sounds to me like you are priced right!
  5. mcclureandson

mcclureandson LawnSite Member

$3000 give or take depending on it in one day with two-man crew and myself. Expenses roughly - $1000/sod $200/laborers - take home the rest
  6. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

We charged $3200 and two people for 10 hours to lay it out. Sod was 10 pallets @ $905 delivered.