1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sod Install Pricing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jada86, Jul 4, 2011.

1. jada86

jada86 LawnSite Member

Our sod install prices have been beaten down so badly in the past few years - almost not worth trying to compete. What is everyone charging for labor for one pallot installation?

2. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I have only done two sod jobs but I do $75.00 (my hourly rate) per pallet with a 20% material markup. This is just laying, no prep work.
    This has worked good for me. However, with every service I offer, I plan to raise the price each time I bid to see how much I can get away with.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well it ain't right, the customer wants all the frills and thrills, for free.
    You don't have to tell me, I've had two requests for sod this year.
    I've never done sod before but that doesn't mean I was born yesterday.

I just hopped in this thread hoping to get some insight, you might guess it wasn't what I was hoping for.

I don't think that's a very good idea.

4. mrblands

mrblands LawnSite Member

I charge $300 per pallet for st Aug. and ill sill add waste fees and delivery fees if its more then 10 pallets.

I just quoted a guy 17 pallets $5100 he turned around and told me he has had offers at $3400 I politely replied you should definately go with that guy :)

he called me a day later and asked me what all is included in my price so apparently $3400 doesnt cover everything:)

I know one thing I hate laying sod and i wont do it for less the $300 a pallet