Sod Install: What's your price per sq foot?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by New2TheGreenIndustry, Mar 16, 2013.

1. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Just curious what others are charging per sq foot? With the price of sod about .25 per sq foot, I've been charging .90. What would you charge?

2. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Id love to get. 90. Here I get sod for.12 delievered Bermuda that is 500 sq ft to a pallet. If we charge over. 50 we will not win hardly any jobs....
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

I get sod from the local sod farm for 18 cents sqft. They come 2x5 rolls so 1.80 a roll, 600 to a pallet. I charge. 65 cents ; sqft to install. I haven't done any new construction yet at these prices but I have done a good number of residence housing. If I have the farm deliver it its an additional 75 for them to deliver. I try to give a decent delivery charge when I get the job since it is pretty far off the beating path.

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

The dollar days are gone. This fall I went to look at job 42000 square feet Of sod
    And hydro seed 23000 square feet in back. I gave her .65 on sod and .12 hydro
    And 20 yards of top soil at a discount. I bid $30500 I got a call week later if I could do it for $22000 that was her lowest bid. I told here she knows the work I do for here friends can't give here quality for that price so I turned it down:waving:

5. ByDesignCO

ByDesignCO LawnSite Member

Im at .86/foot installed. That includes a small amount of prep before hand.

6. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

$.18/sq ft for material price. The price varies depending on how much prep work is required.

7. FLCthes4:11-12

FLCthes4:11-12 LawnSite Senior Member

I say good for you but I doubt you are getting that on much over 500 sq. ft. for Bermuda. I am very close to the athens market and to me most of the customers are CHEAP. I dont price by sq foot but by the job. But if I did I would say around .50-75 a square for bermuda and it would have to be a 4 pallet min. Good luck this spring feels like things are starting to turn a bit for the better in our area.

8. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

Never price by the square foot