sod install

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paxdog, Apr 4, 2003.

1. paxdog

paxdog LawnSite Member

The area to be sodded is very flat and easy to get to. Sodding 1850 square feet with tall fescue. I figure it will take almost 4 pallets at $111/ pallet + $50 dilivery charge. Tiller rents for $36 for half day. I have a price in my mind, but would love some estimates from you guys just to make sure I'm on the right track. Thanks
  2. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I am coming up with the charge of $1,027 just for laying the sod no prep work but you guys pay alot for sod and delivery my company pays $1.05 per roll 18" X 6' and 55 rolls per pallet and free delivery. But i think it depends on how much sod you buy a year from your distributer.
  3. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Ours down here comes cut in squares stacked on a pallet. It covers 435 to 450 sq/ft. at $90 including delivery. I have installed with minimal prep work for $100 bucks so the total is $190 for 1 pallet. If there is a lot of prep work to be done I figure approx. how long it will take and charge by the man hour for the prep (tilling, removal of roots etc)
  4. paxdog

paxdog LawnSite Member

Where I'm getting the sod a pallet covers 495 square feet. I'm planning on bidding the job at $1265 including the prep work which will be very minimal.
  5. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I just bid two sod jobs... 1500 sq ft each, both $1500 including prep work... similar access to what you described on one, harder on the other, but got $1/ sq foot out of each... this also includes bringing in 2 yards of loam for each job just to fill some small holes, etc.. By the way, got them both no prob.