Sod Installation - Large Job

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by dsikaras, Sep 29, 2011.

1. dsikaras

dsikaras LawnSite Member

I have to complete a quote for 5,150 sq ft sod installation. Firstly, the client would like us to install 7 underground gutters(15 feet long) and we figure to charge $100 a pop. He would also like us to add some soil (4 yards so looking to charge $340.00) and grade the lawn. We will probably rent a bobcat for the grading. To install the sod I'm thinking of charging $1.00 per sq ft. Just wanted to get some opinions if these prices sound fair. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

That's a little cheap. Usually 1.25-1.50 if your pricing it that way. But hey, the local lowballers charge a whoping $.50. That's just peanuts
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. landscapedesignpros

landscapedesignpros LawnSite Senior Member

you charge a 1.25 per sq for just to put in the sod or dose that include prep work?
  4. johnsonslawnmanagement

I don't usually price jobs by the sq. Ft, but on jobs that require a sq. Ft price it's 1.25-1.50 just for sod
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Doesn't sound unreasonable actually, usually do about 1.00 sq.ft. but that's generally sod repair around patio and walkways (not alot of soil) but on the other hand we had the local sod company price installing 30k sq.ft. of sod, no soil or anything and they priced about 0.35/sq.ft.
  6. johnsonslawnmanagement

Sod companies charge a low low rate for the actual sod but end up charging a premium for installation. It equals out in the end, but to some it appears to be a bargan, but it's not.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. bigslick7878

bigslick7878 LawnSite Senior Member

I only dream of getting $500 to lay a pallet of sod that takes an hour/hour and a half to do when I am paying $150 including delivery. Especially when it is TEN of them!

Unless I am mis reading what you are saying...somehow.