Sod installation pricing

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ALLPro Landscaping, Apr 11, 2008.

1. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, I just picked up 2 sod jobs 1 is 2500 sq ft and the other is a little over 1100 sq ft. I was wondering how much should I charge per sqft for installation.

2. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

How much prep work needs to be done, and can you get the pallets to the location or do you have to walk it. :walking:

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

How could anyone answer if you don't mention cost per pallet and delivery overhead? :hammerhead: Also, what soil amendments are you doing? What soil preps? How can you have quoted these jobs without already knowing this stuff? how do you get a job without quoting it out first? Did you get blank checks for these jobs? :confused: Are you using siduron (Tupersan?) If not, you should be.... sorry, but your post leaves me with more questions than advice.

4. ALLPro Landscaping

well theirs not much prep work,till the soil ill be done. i have to walk the sod maybe 50 ft to the locaation. im getting the sod for .18 per sqft

5. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

6-7 dollars a yard should include prep and installation unless the site needs alot of help/grading

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

WOW, I can grade yard, supply & deliver sod and install for about the same as what your paying for just the sod.

7. ALLPro Landscaping

I figured about $1.10 including labor and sod. extra charge for deliver. came to about 2860.00 what do you think

8. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think 6 bux a roll is to high?
    At a 1.10/sq ft that is over 9 a yard.
    Please tell us your pricing method.