1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sod Installation

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MudslinginFX4, Mar 6, 2008.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, I'm going to call my sod supplier tomorrow but maybe I can get a quick answer tonight. I have a customer that is interested in putting out zoysia, is this a good idea or at all possible with it dormant or is it better to wait until it is actively growing.

Thanks in advance!

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well to be honest with you, I think they will cut whatever your order whenever you order it, they don't care because all they want is money. Atleast this is how I feel about most of the suppliers around here.
  4. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

You can lay it anytime of the year. Will not hurt it at all. Just be careful about laying it on steep hillsides or ditches because it will not root for a few more months and during a hard rain it may want to slide down the hill.

You can use sod staples if you need to.
  5. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, they WILL cut it anytime.... i just prefer NOT to lay it until its ready..

unless its new construction..