1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sod laying and fuel pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stick, May 31, 2000.

1. stick

stick LawnSite Member

I just layed down 400sq feet of fortan sod today, trying to fiqure a price for the job. Spayed roundup to kill carpet grass and raked up dead grass and layed sod, i fiqured about 3 hours work and transport sod to work site. Sure would like see some insite on pricing sod laying. Also, still no rain for 3 months now in south west florida, and fuel prices are $1.57 here, anyone adjusting prices on grass cutting now, due to higher fuel prices? And whats the prices everywhere else for fuel?<br>
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

the costomer let you do the job with out a price in ahead of time? i havent done all that much sod work (alot of seeding) so i dont know how much a foot to charge.... i just use my personal methods of figuring out how many hours it will take me... cost of material.... and go from there.
  3. stick

stick LawnSite Member

yes, the customer said &quot; just get it done&quot; so i did it, i cut his grass every week, so, i need to slap on his monthly bill which is going out tomorrow.Have you increased you prices on cutting grass due to higher gas prices?
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

For a pallet of Floratam, we charge about $200 if there is little work done to the soil. That is if they need 4 pallets or more, because I can get it delivered. If I have to go get it the price will be higher. The customer could shop around and get it done cheaper, but i don't like sod work enough to drop my price.