sod prep?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by zim bob the landscaper, Mar 4, 2006.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

we might have got our first job the lady told us what the other estimate was and we haven't gave an estimate yet.:clapping: the other estimate was $3000. so i have done sod before but I'm just wondering how you guys that do it all the time prep the lawn for sod any info would be awesome! THANKS

doesn't have to be the best job in the world she said its just for her dogs(3)
    so they don't have to walk on the dirt lol

or will hydro seed hurt a dog???? i like hydro seed more than sod but don't no if its bad for dogs

2. zim bob the landscaper

oops im sorry i didnt mean to put it here does anyone know how to move threads? sorry again:hammerhead:

3. ASBK

ASBK LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Spray the area to kill all grass/weeds,this should only take 10 min. Come back in a week to do the job, have the sod delivered, roto-till the area to loosen the soil then rake all the dead debris/rocks/clumps of dirt out of the soil.If you want to add top soil it is up to you,level it, put down some starter fertilizer, then the sod then soak it roll it get paid go home.:drinkup:

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

DO A SEARCH IN HERE ZIM..we just went all through this a few weeks ago..just put in "Lawn Prep" or 'Prepping for sod" under the search at the top of the pg and read up darlin!

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Keep the dogs off the sod for a few weeks at least.

Does she realize that they will turn it back into dirt?

6. zim bob the landscaper

ok will do sheshovel thanks

and yes she know the dogs are going to turn it to dirt again but she wants it done:confused: :confused: :confused: i really don't care maybe every time she wants it done she will call us lol

7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

First....get someone licensed to do the vegetation control spray..

8. zim bob the landscaper

oh yeah you need the applicators license right?

9. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

any pics of what your working with . get some pics an i will guide ya thru it see ya george

10. zim bob the landscaper

thanks george i havent seen the job yet we are talking to her on friday to see when we give the estamiate when we go i will get some pics thanks