Sod Prices!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bsmithalc, Apr 21, 2006.

1. bsmithalc

bsmithalc LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Could somebody please help out and tell me what 1 pallet of st. augustine grass goes for in the Alabama/Florida/Georgia area. I just need a price, all the sod farms I deal with are closed for today.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Were we buy our sod the St. Augustine goes for about $150 a pallet if you buy one. If you buy a eighteen wheeler load you can get it cheaper.

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Most farms will sell one pallet cheaper if you can pick it up at the farm or they have a drop sight near you.

120 to 150 is about normal.Some may want more.

4. jas4906

jas4906 LawnSite Member

I will sell you St. Augustine for $90.00 per pallet. FOB South Florida

5. bsmithalc

bsmithalc LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Thanks for the info. Had a client want a price at the last minute on St. Augustine.

6. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

$111 each for 6 pallets-- delivered

7. rluscomb

rluscomb LawnSite Member

St. augustine, i can get it for 60-65 bucks a pallet, at the farm and sell it for abount 140-150

8. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

What's a pallet of Floratam to Vero Beach cost? Everything included, in my customers yard, and I'm keeping the pallet?

Where are your price breaks? 5,10,15 pallets?

9. jas4906

jas4906 LawnSite Member

I was in your area yesterday. Layed Sod on 22nd Ct. and 10th Lane. (Heritage Estates).. I have the annual contract with Indian River. It is possible we can work something out. I am usually in the area twice a week.
    Of course the $90 doesn't include freight to Vero. I am based out of Palm Beach County.

10. jas4906

jas4906 LawnSite Member

I will deliver and install for $140 per pallet. I keep the pallet.