Sod Pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by christie1580, Nov 2, 2006.

1. christie1580

christie1580 LawnSite Member

I have to bid a sod job that is 13,000 sf and I can get my sod for $.22 sf what should I charge to install it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have never done this much sod before and I would like to make money on it, but at the same time I don't want to screw the guy over.

Thanks a Bunch!:usflag:
  2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Around my area, Sod installation is ranges anywhere from $70-$200 per pallet. With a pallet having 450-500 sq ft of Sod. Your price of $.22 per sq ft. means that you pallet price is about $110. In my area, the guy would be charged somewhere between $5k and $8K for 26 Pallet Install (13,000 sq ft) depending on difficulty of edges (curves, vs straight edges) ground preparation, etc.

I hope this helps.
  3. christie1580

christie1580 LawnSite Member

Thanks for you imput I appreciate it!
  4. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

we pay 30 cents here and charged 1300 for a 800 sq ft installed a few weekends ago for a friend of a friend.. i usually do smaller sizes

if he isnt a friend or family member u shouldnt have a problem over charging... business is business i like to give high prices if they try to haggle the price u have something to work with.. if they dont then you get a nice payout
  5. weathervane

weathervane LawnSite Member
    from mass

in mass we get 1.50 to 2.00 a sf installed we buy it for .22sf