Sod quote?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Jerry and Sons, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

looking to till and sod 1560 square feet no clue whatt to charge. the ground is relatively level and rock free. PLease help I am just looking for a general number not the normal answer about my buisnesses particular overhead..
    Thanks

2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

sod will cost between 100 and 130 a pallett. Get four just to be sure. Without prepping the area, i'd probabaly chrage anywhere from 900-1100.

3. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

well you need to contact a sod farm in your area and see what it costs. around here its 26 cents a square foot. comes in 500 or 600 sf pallets. so two 500 sf pallets and a 600 sf pallet. 1600 sf, $416. with 3 other guys, my 161 excavator , we spread 80 tons of topsoil and put down 2500 sf of sod in a day. i only billed for myself, the machine, the topsoil, and the sod. the other guys were under another contractor working at the job. My price was around $3200. about $1600 of that is topsoil to give you an idea without the topsoil.

what are you using for equipment. you figure you want to add up all of your expenses and then add on $100 an hour for how ever long you think it will take.