1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sod warranty

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tractrpowr45, Mar 24, 2006.

1. tractrpowr45

tractrpowr45 LawnSite Member
    from NY

I am going to be doing an estimate for laying sod in a backyard soon and I would like to know what other landscape professionals warranty their sod for- 30 days? 60 days? And what do you warranty it for-a guarantee if it dies you'll replace it free of charge labor and material or just labor? Any help would be appreciated.:headphones:

2. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

No i was just talking about that Not unless They want to pay you to water

3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I warranty 10 sq. yards. Basically I tell them that once its laid its laid...if a spot is bad...I will replace it. Everyonce in a while you just get a bad piece. I have never had to replace more than a piece or two. Make sure you show them how to water it.

4. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Yea a piece or two. I will too but guarantees are not given. That could get you in trouble

5. we guarantee it will be green when we lay it.

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Unless there is an irrigation system in place..No guarantee..unless the Sod company guarantees their sod..no guarantee.Sod can die in two days..30 day guarantee with just the customers promise to water is not a good thing.

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I guarentee its sod !

if I see it come off the truck

8. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i guarantee that without water it will die.

10. tractrpowr45

tractrpowr45 LawnSite Member
    from NY

OK, thanks guys for the advice. No sod warranty for me:)