1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sod Web Worms!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by LGL, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

I bow to your magnificence... nonetheless, I wouldn't let you spread composted cow manure on my properties let alone chemicals. The law says the label and the label is the law.:drinkup:

2. turfmd101

turfmd101 LawnSite Bronze Member

No. Just a regular mortal. Just hard to swallow the disbelief that for the amount of time I've been involved w/ atrazine I wouldn't know the 101 things. Im not like the guy's I've known WHO for many years say the same thing "Hey man, like how much round up goes in here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Preaching does not help.

4. turfmd101

Last thing ill say about atrazine. Please read the label. Don't rely on my words 4 100% accuracy. I believe atrazines label says, can be applied between Sept 16 thru April 16 or something like that. Later it says do not apply when temp exceed 90 deg. Now March thru April for 2012 were what, come on you can say it. Super hot right. Now one section says OK to spray in March & April. Yet another part says I can't because it's to hot. I don't think its a mater of superseedment™. It would be on the label, but they didn't know it could happen. Because it's an unpredictable situation that research can't show. That's why I trust my judgment more. The label also says its bad for fish and frogs. And I believe that under any conditions which may come. I'll also turn anyone in, who would test that part of the research.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  5. turfmd101

You guys are bursting with great experience. That's obvious. Every one here's mentions stuff I didn't know. I've read stuff I don't know what the hell. More minds, more progress. Better prograss than that selective herbicide for Bermuda in St. Aug called prograss.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think you will fit in fine.... I learn a lot every day. You might think we are a clan but we are not. We debate and discuss often.

We will not advocate the use of house hold products to treat however. Nothing wrong with organics but I think household soap in organics thread would not go over well either. It could but I doubt that is OMRI listed :laugh:

It will take a while to live that down.

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

You disqualified yourself from knowledge when you mentioned Jerry Baker stuff...

It might be ok for a homeowner to use, but I cannot use it per the law.

A homeowner can kill fire ants with gasoline...I'd lose my applicators license if I did the same.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. turfmd101

Using the detergent and organics is not my practice. The meat of the original question I answered was he was looking for something he could tell his customers to use that was "simple and easy ". So soap.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

LOL. My experience has taught me a few things...one of which is that referring to yourself as an expert usually signifies the opposite. It must be so nice to always be the B.M.O.C. with non-malodorus feces.

I'm also rather mystified that your Lesco training did not instill in you the legalities of applying pesticides in anything other than strict label adherence.

I do apologize if I ruffled your feelings. All I was attempting to relate to you is that there are many intelligent thinkers on this site. You came roaring in as the one, the greatest know-it-all... with all the answers.
    Sort of...our Obama. You may have chapped some butts with that approach.

Good day Sir.

10. turfmd101

Yep first impression was "NOT GOOD" and not better yet! I'm trying to start a dialect I feel is important about our business. I mean no disrespect. Have you ever asked your tech. or techs. how did your lawns look today. they say great. do you say "that's good!" or do you ask how much fert they used and when they say 15 bags or 2 tons. would you then say "what the hell did you waste so much product and money. how about it didn't need mowing but we did it anyway. "WHAT" I like that stuff. I read mostly about product use. Did too much of that stuff. I prefer talking about why it's not needed as much. only thing i share in common is "hope and change".... wait, no i don't i don't share anything with him. my bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.