1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

sod webworm

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by broske, Jun 23, 2005.

1. broske

broske LawnSite Member

Just curious what you guys are using to control sodwebworm in your areas.I'm from connecticut and yes i am licenced in o&t and arborist.I would like to find a product that will work on the webworm and grubs, I know dylox would work but the application rates are different.I get my products at lesco and was curious if anyone had some info.Thanks for the info
  2. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Mach II at the High label rate (2 Lb. AI Per Acre) will give you the results you desire. I have been using this product in Granular form on Fert. for 2 years now with great success. The 2 biggest problem pests for me here are SWW and White Grub Complex. 1st. Generation sod web worm adults have laid their eggs weeks ago and the larve are feeding now. When they become adults and lay eggs again, those 2nd Generation larve will do most of the damage. I am applying my Mach II next week and the 1 st. week in july. This will give control for both mentioned for the remainder of the season. Mach II has a half life in the soil of about 120 days. Save the dylox for accounts that do not want a preventive application for the grubs. When scouting for grubs in late august, make dylox applications after damage is beginning to occur. Apply before a light to moderate rain or have client irrigate with 1/2 inch of water after application. Dylox will only have a soil half life of about 7 Days, so you do not want to apply until you see activity...For Sod WebWorm larve damage and no grub problem (example shaded turf where it is dry often) you can apply Talstar. You will have about 30 days of protection from this product. Hope this helps,

Pete D
  3. broske

broske LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info the Mach II that you use is a combo product right.The lesco near me does not carry MACH II by itself but with a fert combo.Maybe a dumb question ,but I'm not up on all of my combo products and I've never seen it by itself in my area.