1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sgreanbean, Mar 4, 2001.

1. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

Hi All
    As you all know Im new to the forum. I came up from retrolawn's forum on delphi. this site is really different.
    My brother is a general contractor and does not like they way his sod guy is doing things, so he asked me to do it. Normally I stick to just maintenance but I thought this would be somthing to supplement the income! so I was wondering about price. Any info is helpful.
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

3. Hunter Landscape

Hunter Landscape LawnSite Member

i buy for $85 per pallet. (appox 450 sq. ft)

i install for approx. $200 per pallet (give or take a little)

i hope this may help ya a little.
  4. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

I was told that the local sod farms get around .70 cents a yard so i was figuring around $1.50 installed with water on the customer( contract signed ) what do you think
  5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Pretty close to what we do on St. Augustine. It costs about $90 and we get around $200 installed. There is not a lot of prep work to do. This price also requires a 4 pallets minimum, because 4 or more I get it delivered for free :)
  6. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

For Bluegrass sod I am paying $99 for 450ft sq and charging $275-300 installed. Hopefully some soil is needed in addition--pay $22 per yard and get $75 layed if I can back into the yard.

7. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

WOW,my wifes' family has sod fields and the last time i checked the prices per 450 sq.pallet were

that is if you come n' get it.
  8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I found this backpacks worth of information:
    Hope this helps, I know it has for me.
  9. double e

double e LawnSite Member

If its already graded and ready to go, I charge around .33 cents per sq. ft.

One IMPORTANT thing to remember when laying sod.....
  10. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

Where can I get St. Augustine for $56 per pallet?