Sod?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by qualitylawnmanagement, Apr 1, 2006.

1. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going to putting in a new lawn for my grandpa this year for him since his lawn was attacked by grubs a couple of years ago and now he just done messing with it and asked me if I would put in a new lawn for him. How much do you charge to install sod sqft? And how much do you charge to take out the old lawn in sqft? I will be rent a cat skid loader to take out the old yard and level it off with some new topsoil. Then I will be installing the sod and maybe some irrigation for him. How much on the average for a 1/4 acre cost to put in an irrigation system? I have found a supplier on here that I can order parts from when I need them.

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Cost, for Grandpa. :laugh:

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

For my grandpa, i would not charge him a dime!!! Not a dime for materials or labor! I'd make him take me out to lunch or something,

4. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, I understand what you guys are saying. But he wants it down and he doesn't want to do nor pay someone else for it, I travel 40 miles to our lake cottage and mow his property down there free, We just take the truck and mower down there on the weekends and stay there.

5. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

it's your grandfather, put it down with a smile on your face:waving: