Sod

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by cgaengineer, Sep 25, 2007.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Since its for my own residence I posted here.

I rented a Dingo and a Harley Rake this weekend and worked my soil and rocks to prepare for 12 paletts of bermuda 419 sod to be delivered today. I was planning on seeding but after 2 years of little sucess with seeding I decided that this was the last time I wanted to work the soils and decided on sod. I know I have my work cut out for me but am very excited as I have never had instant lawn. My wife, son and I will lay the sod and hopefully we can get it all down before the forcasted rain on Thursday. I will post before and after pictures as soon as I get a chance.

2. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

12 Pallets will be a full day for you, good luck though, sodding in the rain and mud is no fun.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Got it all down without a hitch. Ended up getting 2 extra pallets to give us some working room. I hit new turf with fertilizer last week and it has made a 100% turn around in about 3 days. Almost all of the sod is green and is really looking good.