Sod?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by michindi, Mar 4, 2004.

1. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

I getting ready to go bid on a sod job and Im just curious on what others charge to lay sod. And all the ins and outs of laying sod.

2. Trim Creations

Trim Creations LawnSite Member
    from Ks

I charge a flat rate for laying sod. that is $3.50 a yard the sod $1.35 a yard. that includes starter fertilzer. but does not include prep work. that all depends on the yard and the shape its in, new costruction or a redo.

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

$75.00 a pallet, no prep.

4. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

$1.00 per roll, excluding prep work and delivery fee.

5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

.50 cents a sq ft. thats without prep work

6. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Keep in mind that sod is cut differently. Some are in sq.ft. rolls and some are in sq.yd. rolls and some are the huge rolls that take a machine to roll them out.

7. budracin

budracin LawnSite Member
    from florida

I charge a $1.45per sod square (1ft x 2ft) and that includes prep work. my wallet and customer are both happy.

8. ollie212@tds.net

ollie212@tds.net LawnSite Member

Its been my understanding that the sod farms have went to a national measurement of sqft not sqyard.. none of the sod farms we deal with both in illinois and wisconsin.. are sqft. how do u do sqyd? do u convert it .. and who charges .50 for install thats crazy.. what does your sod cost you? and 75 a pallete thats a dollar a roll. how do u make any money? not trying to bash anyone but i just cant figure out how u make any money? we get our sod delivered for 1.10 a sqft. 75 rolls to a pallete thats 82.50 a pallete. We charge 2.25 sqft so a lawn that is 9000 sqft you would need 900 sqft of sod so 900 x 2.25 = 2025.00. So u see how i question some of the bidding stratigies.. Just pipe in hope noone is upset please feel free to give me you reasons for you pricing so i can understand better.. thanks

9. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

.50 cents a square ft plus prep

Chuck