1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by 6'7 330, Mar 25, 2006.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We currently have Ryan sodcutters.We need to add another sod cutter for this season.Have any among you, owned or operated Bluebird sodcutters, it is 2k cheaper then the Ryan.
  2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

im picking my 1st one up monday. my dealer talked me into the billy goat its a 12" model well see how it works. i have ryan walk behinds aerators always had good luck. he sold the ryan also and the bluebird but he felt the bily goat was the best way to go for the money and all my jobs to start are just 25 X 8 areas to cut ill let you know how it works i start tuesday
  3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yes, spend the extra and get a Ryan or something besides the Bluebird. You end up man handling and trying to push the Bluebird rather than letting it do the work
  4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had suspicions it would be bear to operate .Ryan has been a rock stolid machine.We had one, engine went did a quick change and it back on the job.

I was wrong about the price,I looked on the quote the dealer gave me,the bluebird was 800 cheaper.The bluebird has a 5.5 Honda, the Ryan a 6.0 Briggs vanguard.
  5. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Have you considered trying Turfco? We just bought one to use this year. It has a 14" cutting edge, 5 hp engine. The Turfco's we have rented in the past have worked great.