1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sodding question

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by MowHouston, Feb 16, 2008.

1. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a guy calling me today asking me if I did sodding. I figured since I'm slow that I'd check it out to see if it is a service that I would like to offer.

He said he has bermuda grass in his back yard and he doesnt know if some parts need to have sod put in or what. He said he has two great danes in his back yard and wants to know if there are any other grasses he could put in that would stand to the wear...

Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

w/ the 2 horses that he has back there wont much of anything last long suggest mulching the back
  3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Put cement in the whole backyard.
  4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

If the animals had an acre or so to run around in , less than 24/7, the soil was adequate there might might be a grass that could be 50% alive.
    Most likely though it would be like using sand to fill potholes in a barnyard. Dogs and plants don't fit well together in confined spaces.
    Unless you get an inspiration, walk away from that job. It will only make you look bad.