Soft Bag system for Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dannyc33, Sep 13, 2003.

1. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

i just saw a pic in a magazine of a soft baging system for the super z.

I was wondering how many bushels a 60" super Z could hold?
    What the MSRP?
    How much does it way and what are the dimensions?
    And is it a 2 or 3 bag system?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is some info...
    I do not have MSRP, you will need to contact your dealer about your pricing.
    For some reason I do not have the weights either, I can get you this info tomorrow.
    Here is a info sheet with a couple of pics....

2 & 3-baggers ss.jpg
  3. superman

superman LawnSite Member

Sounds like it would be better than the fiberglass one out now. I have been wanting it for some time, just didn't have the money to spend on it yet. However if the cloth one holds more and is cheaper, looks like that would be the way to go. If I remember correctly it's 9 bushels compared to 12 here.

4. DMA

DMA LawnSite Member

Maybe there is a reason your not interested in the Bac-vac that dumps from the seat but that is the one I have and it works very well. Its not perfect but works with little trouble.
  5. superman

superman LawnSite Member

DMA, I am very interested in it, however if this new system holds more and is cheaper.........just sounds like a better choice for me.
  6. DMA

DMA LawnSite Member

I realize the soft bag holds a third more but with the speed of dumping with the hard system I'm not sure in the long run if it would make a difference. I believe having to spend time getting off each time will offset the size difference.
    Of course cost is always a factor. Not sure about the cost of the soft bag. I got mine at dealer cost with buying a mower so that helped some.
    The worst thing I got against the Bac-vac is with the weight you get a little bounce at higher speeds. Haven't tried lowering tire pressure to see if they will help yet.